Friday, March 6, 2009

Boa Viajem

In half an hour I'm taking a taxi with Isaiah and Chelsea to Vitoria. From there we are hitching a ride on a line-boat and traveling north (down river) for ten hours until we reach Porto de Moz. We will stay with the Kubackis for two nights then head out on the River. Us three, the VanHulles, and a couple of Brasilians will take Kevin's boat to a village 6 hours away called Quieras. I visited this village with the team from Delaware Vineyard in January and while we were there, 5 men and 1 woman dedicated their lives to God. 

Kevin and Angie VanHulle have visited this village many times throughout the years, but since January, have revisited about every two weeks. The men there are on fire for God and hungry to learn more about Him. We will spend about four days here, discipling and encouraging them. We will return to Porto de Moz on Friday and I will be back in Altamira on Sunday. Keep us in your prayers! :) 

Ate Mais!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

KATE! I sent you a really long email today explaining why I have been AWOL. I also (finally) wrote on my blog and plan to do so on a (semi) regular basis because I love you and I miss you and I want to pretend like I'm conversing with you. :)

And I hate all this word verification-ness. I have a tendency to misspell the word.

stacy struntz said...

Hi Kate! We love following your journey and pray that you stay safe! The kids miss "Miss Kate" (so do I! :) )