Monday, February 2, 2009

please don't pet the animals

When we lived in California my sister and I liked to catch frogs and play with them (and snails and daddy-long-legs...). So today when a frog jumped into our house it was hard to resist the urge to catch the frog...that is, until Steve reminded me of the poisonous slime they wear.

Today Chelsea, Patty and I started our Portuguese classes which are three hours a day, five days a week. It was a great class and I love our teacher. I'm so excited to learn more of the language so I can move past asking somebody their age and how many children or siblings they have. :)

I will hopefully be visiting the federal police tomorrow to request a visa extension. Please pray for God's grace and that my request will be granted.

"Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable... Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals." -Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

1 comment:

Kyla said...

snakes, tarantulas, poisonous frogs...what next? I don't know if I could handle that!
I posted a last blog about Spain if you want to read it!
I got your call yesterday but I was in class. :-(
I love you and miss you lots!
un abrazo!